Saturday, December 19, 2009

Ciao, Roma...

Time goes by so quickly.

It really shouldn't be surprised anymore at how fast it travels, but it still manages to amaze me.

My time here has been surreal….



Things I will miss about Rome:



1. Having easy access to wonderful places (Athens, Pompeii, Capri, Switzerland, just to name a few…) at such a low rate.

2. The intricate detail on the building surrounding me.

3. The rich history in so many beautiful buildings and ruins.

4. The FOOD. Yum, yum yum.

5. The Fountains. There isn’t much better than sitting by a fountain on a gorgeous day in Rome.

6. The Villa Borghese, and all it’s beauty, largeness, and confusion.

7. Being able to see amazing artwork (like the works of Caravaggio) in person.

8. The Weather. I am NOT excited to come to the freezing tundra that is the Midwest.

9. The Inspiration this place gives me. This place shines a light on my mind and reveals itself in my cooking, my music, my art, and more.

10. Simply being outside my box and doing something new and exciting. It’s wonderful

11. Being able to get away a little while… it made me think a lot about myself and

who I want to be and where I want to be, and everything. I don’t know how or why, but this place has managed to change me a little bit. Hopefully it’s for the better.





Things I won’t miss about Rome:



1. Angry old ladies! They need to chill, and stop starring at me and judging, and yelling at me in rapid Italian. It get's old, ladies. Real old.

2. Being away from my Family and Friends. Eh, not ok.

3. Personal Space, or lack there-of.

4. Blatant Stares—and often more---from creeper men. It seems I am a creeper magnet. I’m not a fan.

5. Pickpockets. Don’t EVEN get me started.



The good definitely outweighs the bad by far, and I hope to return someday.

London again tomorrow, then home on Tuesday! I am excited to give my family one giant hug...



Love,



Pj

1 comment:

  1. hahahahah. the old ladies! and the stares! ahhhh and personal space! GOOD LORD. Ciao Ciao Roma!

    I'd add beauracracy (sp). and FINES. dont EVEN get ME started!

    ReplyDelete