Friday, August 28, 2009

London Bridges falling down...

Why hello, friends and family!


We arrived in London Wednesday ‘round 7am London time. Our Flight went alright, aside from not being able to fall asleep on the plane.

Determined to do stay awake until 9pm or 10pm, we went to see what London had to offer.

Taking a train from the airport closer to our hostel I looked out the window and thought how unreal this always. It didn’t even seem like I was in London, more like some random trip with friends to an unkown town in the U.S. Lots of trees, lots of houses…but nothing really “special” or anything.

However, on the taxi ride it was entirely evident that Toto, we were certainly not in the proverbial “Kansas” anymore.

The buildings…they’re so intricate. Indescribably so. It’s pretty breathtaking to say the least. We’ve managed to visit a plethora of highly touristy places including the London Bridge, London Eye, the Big Ben, Parliament and muuuch more.

In people watching I’ve seen that London is very very diverse. I feel much more comfortable (at least on the outside appearances) here than at school or where I live at home. I am certain this will not be the case when going to Paris or Rome. Also, I was excited to see that so many of the black people here have dreadlocs! It’s wonderous. In that aspect, I feel at home.

I’ve enjoyed seeing the sites, and have somewhat enjoyed seeing the Museums (doing two museums in one day is extremely exhausting…)…but honestly I want to do as the “Romans” (well, not in rome yet…so, English?) do. I feel that we haven’t had the opportunity to truly experience the culture. We’ve met a handful of other foreigners from our hostel and the backpacker pub crawl, but we haven’t really had real conversations with London natives nor done London native things.

I’d like to do so.

Until then, here are some visuals for you, friends ☺


Better videos to come when I have more time to edit them!



one of the many sweet London Skylines.


oh I dunno...

London Tower! It's beaaaaauutiful. much prettier than the London Bridge.
"The Lazy One" calls this "the REAL London Bridge" haha...


"The Happy One" and I!

Part of the London Bridge.


confuuuusing street sign. where to go?
close up of the Big Ben...what a beautifully intricate structure.


far away view of the big ben and parliament. I didn't even know they were connected...oops.

we found a strip of sand so the happy one, and I got the urge to doodle our names... The structured one thought we were being silly.

Fail at a group picture of the lovely ladies. beautiful day though! We were on the lawn between the london bridge and london tower.

why can't America have beautiful buildings like this?

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww....isn't London wonderful? I want to cry, I miss it so much. I don't know whether to be jealous or happy for you. Lol.

    Anyway, glad you're having a great time. Yeah, the diversity in London is what makes it so unique from all the other great cities of the world. It's a beautiful thang. Whatever you do, don't say I didn't warn ya--stay AWAY from those fine black Parisiens!!! :) They'll make ya crazy...

    Love you, and I'm putting you on my GoogleReader, so I'll be keeping up with ya. Oh and BTW, ya hair is FLY. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skyline picture included so many buildings with non-rectangular shapes. Very eye catching. And how many years did it take to construct all the intricacies of just one side of those magnificent buildings? In our instant culture (and relatively new nation) THE USA, it is not surprising to find so much less.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pictures are amazing PJ! Wow! I do wish that America had things of this nature as well. Please continue to take a lot more photos. I wish I had given you my family members number so you could meet up with some of my cousins while there! Stay blessed

    P.s LOVING THE HAIR GIRL! ooo dreads. what a beauty!

    Love ya

    ReplyDelete