Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Food, food, foooood.

Food in Rome is delicious.

Delicious, but....well, expensive.
Too expensive for College Student pockets, so I tend to cook at our apartment we call home.
We all generally cook our own meals, it just makes the most sense for our varying
tastebuds and wallets.


This is a typical meal that I fix for myself:

This meal featured Chicken Egg Salad (complete with Asiago Cheese and Spinach) on a toasted Croissant bun. Added is a side of grapes, fruits are definitely a staple in my diet here. My beverage of choice is Cucumber Lemon water, which is Inspired from my oldest brother and sister-in-law with a little twist. For dessert, Biscotti and Nutella...yum.

It seems that ever since I have arrived here I have been utterly obsessed with food presentation. Perhaps it is because I am inspired by the beauty around me. While this often means I am the last one in the kitchen, I think it's worth it because I enjoy my meals so much more when they are both visually appealing and scrumptious.

I am definitely enjoying playing around in the kitchen, it's becoming a hobby of mine.

Take care, loves!

Pj

2 comments:

  1. Food presentation - 5 stars!
    Guess you can make Top Chef next.
    Glad to see that you are making
    such great tasting stuff. Just
    make sure you are getting
    enough food. But where are
    the veggies? ... I guess the
    cucumbers in the water count
    for veggies too ... Don't
    starve in Rome.

    Love,
    Mom & Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks so good Paula. I am so impressed.

    ReplyDelete