Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Thanks Paris (not Hilton)

Sorry if it seems I have been neglecting you, but classes are starting to get in full swing! Yes, I actually have work to do here, it's not all fun and games!

Let me catch you up a little bit.


Paris, Paris! I haven't talked about Paris yet! It seems like so long ago! Paris is...beautiful. However, being there for only 2 days it all seemed like a blur. It seemed like we were going from site to site, with little time to stop and "smell the roses."


People like to travel differently. I'm the type of person that wants to go places and get submerged in the culture with ample time to relax and soak it up. So it was a bit taxing for me to have to go from place to place with little time to enjoy it. Not that I'm complaining about going to the Louvre and Eiffel Tower, it just would have been more enjoyable if it was over more than just 2 days.

However when we did have time to sit and smell the roses...it was sublime. I felt that Paris really gave me a chance to be in awe of God, his greatness, and my smallness and insignificance in comparison! Seeing God's beautiful creation in the various gardens was more than I could ask for. It was more beautiful than all the paintings in the Louvre (especially the very unimpressive and very small Mona Lisa.) Going to the top of the Eiffel tower reminded me of how insignificant I am and how amazing that in this world full of all these people that God still cares about me as quirky and silly and sarcastic as I tend to be. Paris also let me to have conversations with my lovely friends here about God and "religion" and things, and it made me see how little I talk about it. It reminded me to remember to integrate God in more aspects of my life again. And it's reminding me again of doing so by writing this blog.

So I guess Paris really is the city of love. Though I was kindof hoping it would be with one of the suave Parisians that Tameka warned me about, It instead rekindled my love with our Creator. A far better love I'd say.

I have a lot of Paris video footage on video, but haven't edited yet. I don't think I took any pictures, which is weird.... So expect videos soon!

As for Rome...We'll save more for another time.

Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. That was awesome PJ. Its amazing how God will remind you of things that we forget, like mentioning His name. Continue to see the love of God in many shapes and forms and remember... God is beautiful meanign you are beautiful too!
    <3 and miss
    can't wait for the ichate date...mate... that was kind of late... ooo tate.

    okay done rhyming!

    ReplyDelete